Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Practice Linux online

Today I found an excellent web for newbies to Linux. The site offers both tutorials and also online terminals such telnet, ssh or java telnet client. Using one of these clients you can login to remote virtual machine by root user and start practicing your sessions from the tutorials.

The site is http://linuxzoo.net , first you need to
Register and login to account links.

After that join queue
Then switch on the system.

Once you get the run or completed prompt, go to connect and copy the url/ip to your telnet client.
That’s all it so nice.

4 comments:

Kirankumar said...

Hi , I tested this, It's working. Because of Security Reason I have tried Javascript telnet only. It's loggin as root and GCC also working. But only problem is it's taking time to execute a command. even the typed commands also printing lately only.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I won't work for me, I type the login name "root" and password "secure" but still I cannot get in through, maybe the reason is I'm behind proxy server. Any suggestion?

Anonymous said...

yes. I tried. its working.JAVA TELNET is faster than other options.